Saturday, July 18, 2009

Loving the Music.. and....

Thanks Emily, for these posts. Great idea! I am sharing it with Jeremy as it might be up his alley.

Since I am here, a quick catchup on my "house" status.

I started looking in May with a realtor from my old days at Massasoit. I was kinda frothing over some pictures of places and the prices I saw. I thought this might be my only window where all factors converge so that I may actually be able to get into a house.

So....R.E. Dan Derito has been patient, thorough and determined and we have seen plenty of dogs and a few viables. Finally I put an offer on one that was beat out by the end of the same day. Oh well.

So, I currently have an offer out on a "short sale" (just short of foreclosure) that was accepted by the seller but has to be accepted by their bank as well.

All my professionals are pretty convinced that I am in good shape to get the property, but as it is semi in the hands of the bank, there is that exra layer of approval.

I have not seen the interior since my first "go through" and that was practically in the dark and loaded with tenant stuff.

I DID see oak flooring under the carpet(!!!) It has an attached garage (!!!) A bonus room with a fireplace (!!!) a dishwasher (!!!) central a/c (!!!)

It also has foil wallpaper in the living room. Old gray grained and routered laminate cabinets, ala '60's, one cracked, but otherwise decent ceramic tile in the kitchen, I think.

It lists as a 3 bedroom, one of which could become a dining room.
I have no idea about closets, actual room dimensions, close-up conditions.

Anyway.... I am sort of climbing my current walls in anticipation.
Cooking up a storm and glueing myself to all the home improvement shows to keep me occupied.

I will probably use this site more for venting re: this process. I was thinking that this endeavor might even make a good "reality" blog all on it's own.

Anyway, hope everyone is happy and healthy and...
Best wishes,
Love,
Kate

1 comment:

C said...

you still remember a lot of the details!!! Good Luck, I'm rooting for ya.