Saturday, December 27, 2008

Saturday Morning Post

So, all chicks are in nests!
I have recovered my equanimity (somewhat).

After four days of fretting during their arrivals and a day of recovering, we've been enjoying some homey times. On some evenings Sara and Jeremy head out to shake it up with friends and Sara's "other family" of friend Amy's.

On Christmas Eve, S and J and I loaded up with Chinese food and gifts and headed over to Mom's. We settled into the dining room and had a grand old time. She seemed to really enjoy it and I know she was delighted that J-Face, (all lanky 6'1" of him) was there in the flesh with a lovely Chinese jacket for her from SF.

Christmas morning was great and of course I teared up over the kids gifts to me. Then downstairs to MacBarrons for dinner and another cozy time.

Yesterday we took the train into Boston and saw "Blue Man Group" which was a real hoot! Although we were going to meander back to the train, a friend of Sara's who happened to be in town picked us up and gave us the "scenic route" ride home so that we could see the Gardens lit up and ALL of Comm Ave draped in lights. Just delightful!

Today is our gathering at Locchi's and Cod pizza. There is also a Gino-sponsored Mario Kart Wii tournament scheduled. I may even sign up for this if my darn tendon holds up.

Jeremy flies tomorrow, boo-hoo, but having some time is, of course, better than none.

We never made it to my office and it is as if my whole work life didn't even exist for these past several days, which is remarkably unusual and refreshing.

I will post pics next time, as I hope others will. But I've just got to share my little nutcracker wonderland that I've set up for a couple of years now and have a silly number of the little (and big) wooden gentlemen.

The quiet here is just about to break and cooking will begin soon, so more to follow at another time.

Merry, Merry, Happy, Happy!

(PS. the whole Em transport does sound traumatic. What about those busses?)

Love,
K8

No comments: