Saturday, February 9, 2008

My Willow has left this mortal coil....

Today my dear 19 yr old cat went over the Rainbow Bridge. This is the cat who really believed I was her human and owed my existence to her.

Aside from old age, she was hyperthyroid and had renal failure (kidneys and liver failed) but even at the end she went with the dignity and grace she always showed to the world.

The vet is right across the street and since this morning was sunny and warm, I wrapped her in a fleece and we walked over. She hadn't been outside in at least two years and I wanted her to have the fresh air in her face one last time.

This may sound silly and a bit over-dramatic but I really loved that cat and will miss her terribly.

Here's a picture of her from two years ago:



Sorry but I needed to let it out somewhere.

And now .. off to get Becca ready for the Winter Dance.... :>

2 comments:

C said...

awww Bren, I know how hard this is for you, and I am sorry. Have yourself a good cry, our pets are family members too. Great picture, nice for you to have. (nice to have this blog to let it out) Take care, thinking of you!
C

SARA said...

I am so sorry. I know how it is. Gone through it three times. Im thinking of you. Take Care