Sunday, January 13, 2008

Is everyone as organized as me?

Hi Guys,

Things have been pretty mundane since the holidays have ended. Trying to get stuff put away, organized, re-organized & then organized one more time. I swear it never ends. Every year after Christmas, I promise myself that everything will be kept together so I can find it next year. I have great plans. This year I took my containers outside with me while I dis-entangled the web of lights from my bushes & the ones that were half out or more, hit the trash and the rest were all packed together. Great! Of course, what about the new ones I purchased on sale to replace the trashed ones? How should I keep those with the old lights now that my one container which had been sized with the current lights outside & no longer in their box filled to the brim? Found another box, the new ones fit & the two boxes are side by side. Phew! Except that they only accounted for the bushes and anyone that has seen my front yard at Christmas knows there is a lot more to it. This year half did not even make it out, everything was all over my cellar & garage & I did not find it until I was putting away this year. (which now accounts for the 5 sets of timers and or remote control options for the two outlets that I have). And I cannot forget that I mentioned to Jerry one day, that when I returned home, I was going to pack away the penguin lights and in his ever so helpful way, handled that for me. The stakes to keep them upright are now resting on the top of the box, because he did not realize that they belonged to the penguins as he does not put them up or take them down and the box is huge and of course not packed in a manner to accommodate them and who knows what I will find when I open that package next year, and "do I mind if they are not included in the box please I was only trying to help." Help!
And so the list goes on. The few things I can rely on year after year, is that I will never be that organized and so every year I promise myself that next year I will remember where I put everything especially since I have now totally re-arranged it all ( again) into a system which at this moment makes perfect sense, I will always find something after the holiday and I will go out next year to purchase yet another outdoor timer! Now that's a plan.

Other than that, G's basketball has started, so our pace is picking up; piano, basketball coupla times a week, CCD plus Confirmation classes, and the ever ongoing school project of the month.

I'm waiting to hear on a job interview, which I don't think went my way when I heard about another candidate, but, Kris from Avon had an interview herself elsewhere so I am hoping that maybe hers will go well, for a foot in the door for me @ Avon Housing. That would be perfect. Although I must say, the Housing Authority in Medfield was quite appealing.

Hope you other guys see this post & get motiviated to catch the rest of us up.

Happy New Year!

4 comments:

SARA said...

Damn Colleen! feeling a lil Manic or what!? LOL
I was reading you post hearing your voice go at super sonic speed, it was funny.

C said...

It was more like a joke, I was thinking hey, this must be what regular bloggers do.

SARA said...

yeah I knew one girl who wrote in hers like a dairy. Its cool to have a spot to vent and to share all the details you may forget when chatting in person.
If I let myself though I would have like three pages worth of stuff to share with you guys.

C said...

ya know, that is the idea! That's how the personal touch gets across, we all shake our heads and say, "yea, I hear you" or "me too!"