Sunday, December 16, 2007

Whoa, what a shocker....

I just read that Dan Fogelberg died @ 56. I did not realize he was sick, prostate cancer. Nor did I realize he lived in Maine. He is one of those musicians that I always thought I would go see sometime. There was always someone else I wanted to see just a little bit more, & would catch on the next run. I think he's the second player that I feel like I missed out on now. Robert Palmer being the first. It's kinda sad, you almost expect or are not shocked if you hear about a drug overdose. When a plane goes down, it's an accident. But cancer & heart attacks, make it seem so real, so close to home.

BUT ON A HAPPIER NOTE, I need Sara's new address someone please!

I also have decided that I am done shopping, so I apologize to anyone ahead that I don't have a gift for. I will make it up, but I just gotta be done. Maybe I'll get some lights or decorations on the tree!

C

2 comments:

Breck said...

Gee, I almost could have written 9/10ths of this post, Colleen.
I too was surprised to hear about Dan Fogelburg and tried to explain to Becca just who he was and how I remembered him.

Hey I have the light's up on the tree! No clue when it will actually get decorated, but our holiday is Sunday so I better get it together.

I still have shopping to do so out I /will/ go.

And so far .. working at home is very, very cool!

C said...

You have had the best weather to be working from home. Is Gwen loving it?