Sunday, November 4, 2007

About the telecommuting gig ....

It's kinda funny actually ; the company has started sending people home since last spring. They are trying to cut down on overhead costs for office spaces.

I never actually thought I would be considered, and on Oct 29th I was told I was NOT accepted into the third wave of the program.

I took a few days off of work and when I got back on Friday my supervisor called me and asked if I had read my e-mail yet. Then told me I /had/ been accepted into the program for the (created) 4th wave .. Dec. 15th.

To be honest, what I think really went down was someone went to bat for me and suggested my working from home would be to the company's best interest because I wouldn't have as many winter-related sick days if I didn't have to actually leave the house!

My work is always higher then just about anyone else's; as my sup put it my slow day is still 20% above the quota expected from us. (yes we do have expected quotas to meet..:<) At any rate, it will prove very interesting .. the kids are on the fence but understand it will be beneficial to me. And I will still be getting Emily to school so I don't get up too late. At any rate, I won't get the occasional bad weather closing unless my house losses power as well. And that has yet to happen, but it's okay .. in general it's gonna be wicked pissah cool! Breck

No comments: