Friday, November 9, 2007

My take on Shopping (capital S..:>)

I shop when my perspective on my life changes and/or I have the extra cash.

If I am adjusting my views on what I want/need around me and CAN'T afford it; I browse Ebay and add items to my 'watch' list or shop through on-line stores and add items to a cart for 'later' or bookmark sites of things that intrigue me.

For me, it's a purge of past life and a catharsis for moving forward.

When people around me notice I am shopping, whatever it may be, they are aware that I am beginning to make a change in my view of me or my life.

If I am just looking, I am considering what may need to change or I am aware that 'something' needs to change.

I also find I will research an item out to death before I actually purchase it. This is from something as simple as a new sweater to a couch or even a car. And yet.. I find that my impulse buys tend to be my favorite purchases.. again from hobby/clothing/household and again .. even cars!
Okay, I am very tired and not sure this makes a huge amount of sense, but shopping for me is a release even if I don't buy. And actually I usually don't.

No comments: