Sunday, November 11, 2007

Nice shots!

I have never seen your dolls so I had no idea what works of art they are. They appear to be poseable and do you make their wardrobe?

Speaking of wardrobe, I am thinking of trying my hand at sewing again once I can reclaim some "hobby space" here. When I was in SF, we visited some very "high-end" stores that got me thinking about making some of my own things. I am particularly thinking coats, jackets and suits. Will a regular Singer (Mom's old one) do most of what I want to be "fully-fashioned"?

Also saw fabrics on-line. Cashmere (which is what I am looking for) was about $30 a yard. Does that sound comparable to what we could find in NYC?
I was mostly looking at Vogue patterns, are there other high-fashion patterns out there?

Another hobby I want to develop is making cologne. I can never find what I like, but when I get my scents for making the soaps I have made some combinations that I really like. Have you made your own scents?

I don't mean just oils to dab here or there, but something I can make a spray-on, or even infuse for the house. Everything I've read so far says to use 100 proof vodka as a base and then there are "carrier oils", "essential oils" and plain old scented oils. Do you know much about this?

Or Peg? You did some aroma research, did you make colognes of any kind?

One day I had no perfume (cologne) to wear and I went into my scents and mixed minute amounts with the sweet almond oil (as my carrier) and dabbed it on. I asked people all day to smell my wrists and they all loved it and wanted some. Don't know if I could repeat that particular combination, but does anyone have any experience with this?

Can you tell that I am trying to re-embrace my life?

After this trip to SF, I have a real change in perspective. I have let go of the fantasy of ever living there again. It will always be my favorite town for many, many reasons, but I do not feel the same, uh, attachment that I once felt. Not enough real funky and too much Disney/Vegas/NYC posh overlaid on it it like so much vermeil. And of course, two of my favorite people who were instrumental in my favorite times there have passed away.

It seems to go in ten year cycles for me. I've been back here 10 years. (10 years in SF, 10 years in SD).

Contemplating Sara's departure has made such a deep impact on me that I keep deliberately turning my sad thoughts of loss into positive thoughts of expansion. That why all the "creative" energy. (Well, not so much energy yet as projections.)

Love to hear anyone's input on either the sewing and sources or the scents and formulas.

Well, the sun is fully up now.
Time to start the day!

(Hey, you night owls, where did I come from?)

See you soon at T-day. Sara's last with us.

K8

1 comment:

C said...

You should'nt say "last" with you. She went to the west coast once a year, so I expect her to come to the east coast once a year.