Sunday, November 11, 2007

I'll save you a trip

Hi Everyone,
I don't know about you guys, but the comet activity had a strange effect on our week. It started out ok my back was starting to feel better. Tuesday we had lunch with Kallie at her school. If she has a good month, without any rules infractions, she can have a special lunch, with outside food and guests. We got to be her guests. She has a very nice school. Wednesday I got called into work early, no problem. I reached under the sink to get a towel, and they were wet. I said " Dan, the house is ours now, we have a water problem". It is a small leak at a water connection under my sink and the house came with a repair policy so the plumber fixes stuff for a 60.00 co-pay. Alright we can deal with that. Wednesday was a long day at work, I had to be there from 10 - 9 and was closing trying to lock the door at 9:05 and my key got stuck in the gate, and there was no one near by with a key and we couldn't lock up because the key was stuck so...............the locksmith's got there about 11:00pm and had it fixed by 11:30 pm. I wouldn't have minded but I had to be there at 9am the next day. While we waited for the locksmith Randy's wife called to say the washer and backed up in there house. Share the joy!
Thursday I worked 9am to about 6:30 , Dan says we had and interesting day, have you seen the news? WHY???????????
There is a propane tank behind our house that serves the neighborhood and a valve sprung a leak that started a fire and Dan , Melly , and Joelle were told to evacuate by the police. So they hung out at the park waiting for Ariel to get off the bus and they had fast food in shifts because Melly can't go in anywhere. They were hanging out at the park waiting for permission to go back. They returned to the house around 3pm. The local Fox news affiliate did 2 live broadcasts from behind our house. Everything was just fine, just another bizarre day.
We had 1 manager on vacation and he gave a tailor 2 days off then another tailor came down sick, she was out for the rest of the week so I was out back taking things apart to move the process along for the remaining tailor. I didn't start altering things myself, I don't want anyone to think I can do their job, or it will land in my lap.
I think things are starting to get back to normal. We found a cool flea market today in Southwest Austin. This place sold everything, food , appliances, ball , you name it. Lots of fun.
Got to go
Love Julie

1 comment:

C said...

I'm glad you guys are posting here also. At least we know you'll be able to catch up with us also. It's cool, I think you were able to just copy & paste. Right?